Saturday, June 20, 2009

Top Five Links for the Day


  1. PC World documents ten hidden features of the iPhone 3.0 update, in addition to the "official" ones. Now, if only my screen didn't keep freezing ... time to check if this is a common problem with my update?
  2. SpotCrime.Com shows all police-recorded crimes in a given area, on a map, nicely labeled with what happened, when it happened, and further information that helps the viewer determine if it was a random crime or a personally motivated one. I'm looking to buy a house, and this is proving invaluable and strangely addictive!
  3. I love street art, and I have to say that I think Philly's kind of dead in that area. I know, we have murals EVERYWHERE. And they're gorgeous to be sure. But there's something about the random and un-condoned nature of graffiti artists that I find exciting. Is it because it's subversive? Or because it'll get painted over in a week or so? At any rate, Wooster Collective is perhaps my favorite blog of street art. Ji Lee's "Duchamp Reloaded" (above) caught my eye on a recent perusal.
  4. Apartment Therapy doesn't have a tab for Philadelphia (they have NYC, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, and DC) but for some reason they put articles about Philadelphia in their DC section. Hmmmm. At any rate, there are some beautiful images there, great articles with design ideas and how-tos, and resources for where to get some fabulous stuff.
  5. I know you've all seen this already, but I just want to say I've watched this at least five times in the past couple of days. Very Karate Kid of our Commander-in-Chief. Someone get the man some chopsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin