Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Glamorous Single Life


I was dining on leftover take out and wanted something refreshing to drink. My only two options were a can of V8 that had been in my fridge for several months or tap water. Went with the V8, which tasted like watered down spaghetti sauce coating my throat. Mmmm. And then I congratulated myself for living the glamorous single life.

There are a lot of great things about being single, but not having company to share the chores, the shopping, and the drudgery is not one of them. I don't have a car and live in the suburbs so grocery shopping is an ordeal. With a backpack in tow, I can only buy what I can carry, which is about two or three bags worth of food.

And if I'm too tired to cook or shop, then the cooking and shopping doesn't get done. I hear I could get groceries delivered. I'll have to see if that works.

Well, I'm going to get back to this V8, which is so thick I can chew it. Tasty.

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin