Sunday, June 21, 2009

Stylish Storage Ideas

Since my honey moved back into the apartment, space is at a premium. My pretty party dresses, work suits, flowery blouses, winter coats and fall sweaters fill five Ikea wardrobes even after two major donation dumps at the Salvation Army. Let's not even talk about the shoe collection. Now he wants to hang up a few dress shirts and I just simply don't have the space. How do I let him carve out his own space while still maintaining a clutter free home? A few ideas:

Photobucket


Photobucket

Check out this gorgeous built in cabinetry. If we owned, I would make every wall into built in closets and cabinets.

Photobucket

Here is another version of the "wall of closet". The mirrors make it bright and spacious, a great idea for a small apartment. Now what about those shoes?

Photobucket


Photobucket


I love the acrylic. If I can't see my shoes, I forget my options.

Photobucket

This is the perfect place to store cosmetics and jewelry. I don't like to have anything out on the counter tops if I can help it.

Photobucket

Vintage file folders like this are easy to find at thrift stores in Philly like Uhuru. And it will be a wonderful place to hide all his little piles of change, receipts and mismatched bike lock keys for bikes stolen long ago.

My apartment needs are expanding, and I need to get crafty to make it all work. Let me know if you have any good ideas to share for making a one bedroom into a two bedroom.

(Images Source, Living Etc.)

3 comments:

  1. I want to have a serious relationship with that little vanity. You know, the kind that starts off all hot and heavy but deepens into a lasting, comfortable thing where you know each other's quirks and love each other for them. That's me and the vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you have come up with a way to add "bike storage" in the same decorative, and yet secure way? Keeping one's bike in an apartment is much safer than being on the streets, but it is always in the way and never looks good. What do you think of that challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bike Locks,

    You might not like the leaning-type storage but this one is fairly design beautiful:

    http://www.re-nest.com/re-nest/shelving-storage/a-green-search-the-best-indoor-bicycle-rack-026165

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin