Friday, August 14, 2009

Philly's Secret Getaways

I know I haven't written in a while because I have been taking secret getaways in Philadelphia and haven't bothered to tell you about it. These are events so secret that are only talked about face-to-face, email/IM, or phone call. Thousands, maybe gazillions of these events occur in Philadelphia and elsewhere, but you'll only hear of them after the fact. The don't have an official name, but I will dub them...


Hanging Out at Someone's Place

Yes, in the past couple of weeks, I have had people invite me over for dinner or a small BBQ. These events are peculiar from the sweaty dance fests I have raved about in One Fine Philly. They cost no money at all and basically you do nothing, but hang out and perhaps nosh. In less than two weeks, I had three meals that I didn't have to cook or buy. I dined on simple dishes of stir fry and cous cous, pasta and corn, and grilled veggie burger and corn. And I did no work and I didn't have to wait in line at one of those places that you call restaurants.

And all we did was sit and talk. For hours.

I'm sold on this Hanging Out at Someone's Place thing. In fact, I have purchased a largish digital tv so I can do this curious activity at my own apartment. Maybe I'll see some of you there sometime.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin