Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cool Vintage Etsy Find

I've been checking out vintage clothing lately -- I think it's because I'm invited to an awesome Mad Men party next weekend, to which I need to wear show-appropriate cocktail attire -- and this terrific Philly-based Etsy shop is number one on my list right now. Sweet Tooth Vintage has a great selection from the '40s to the '80s and a keen eye for fashion-forward retro. Here are a few of my favorites (photos credited to Veronika Placek, and aren't the poses adorable?):

I'm seriously considering the pink one for the Mad Men party.


Veronika also has a great blog: http://sweettoothvintage.blogspot.com. She's a pleasure to read!

I had the chance to converse with Veronika, and she had this to say about her passion for vintage: "while i sell clothing from the 40's - 80's, i really love clothing from the late 50's and early 60's. i really appreciate the kitsch aspect to vintage - everything from absurd glittery jumpsuits to sad clowns to overly ornate party dresses. i think most of this stemmed from movies i'd watch from my mom when i was younger, and the flea markets i frequented with my dad every weekend. i love the feminine shapes that clothing had - i'm a dress girl myself, and i find that vintage dresses fit me the best. talk about a perfect fit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin