Monday, August 3, 2009

A Day that Will Become Legend

Sorry folks, I'm going to let Phrequency.com speak for me. They have gorgeous pictures and a great description of the Saturday R5 Productions pool party with Deerhunter, Dan Deacon and No Age. Broadzilla DJs filled in between sets and at the end. Click here to relive the mania. 

Maybe 500 gathered at a resort/air strip in Medford NJ. The place was equipped with volleyball court, airplane shaped pool, BBQ, and three killer bands on three stages. The bands played round robin style, which meant one played one song and then everybody ran to the next stage for the next song with the next band. Lots of crowd surfing, moshing, and dancing in the pool. 

I got my glasses knocked off and got flattened on ground while I tried to mosh. It was fun, but I pretty much stayed out of the fray after that. The swimming was great, especially with the hot 90 degree weather. 

Be sure to check out the pictures of guy in the pink Speedo. I think his nickname is Beans, but don't quote me on that. He was extremely funny and affable. He was running around helping Deerhunter sell gear, dancing in the middle of the throng and generally being good natured about the gawking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin