Friday, August 28, 2009

Flower Boxes? Check.

For those who have been following along at home, you'll remember that I've been wanting to get flowers for the window boxes at my new rental. Well, this week I found a bunch of discounted plants at Lowes. They were half-dead, but they were marked down to only one and two dollars. I swept up several figuring the low investment would curtail my disappointment if they all died in a matter of weeks.

I had no idea what I was doing, so I just started scooping in soil and placing plants and moving them around to spread out the varying heights and colors. Some of them still look pretty wilty, but I think today's rain helped. When viewed as a group, they look pretty snazy. Plus, while putting them together I got to overhear a very colorful argument between my neighbor across the street and her grown daughter. I'm planting roots, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin