Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Getting Away from Philly

Photobucket

So I think we all agree that we can't hang out in Philly all the time. That's how I was feeling this weekend when my boyfriend and I took a little jaunt down to Atlantic City for some sun and fun. On the top of my list of things to do was checking out The Chelsea, the hot new hotel and nightspot on the Boardwalk. Let me tell you, it is worth the hour drive alone! The place is more fantastic than I could have imagined - a real design lover's dream. Conceived as part retro motor lodge and part luxe boutique hotel, the Chelsea is a total Hollywood Regency bonanza of style. Think Jonthan Adler, glossy white Rococo-style tables, zebra upholstery, funky animal figurines, tons of mirrored surfaces (this view of the spa is fab) - basically, glam meets vintage with a generous dose of wit and whimsy thrown in for good measure. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

I only wish these images from the hotel's website did the place justice. It's actually much more quirky, colorful and wow-inducing in person. The coolest spot is the the fifth floor roof deck, which features a gorgeous pool, rows and rows of perfect white chaise lounges, a huge round bar, all surrounded by the most wonderful cabanas cloaked in black and white stripes. It's like the roofdeck at Continental Midtown times about a thousand... and it's open until 4am, so you can hang out under the stars to your heart's content.

Photobucket
A view of the roof deck...

Photobucket
The poolside dining room at Teplitzky's on the ground level. I am obsessed with the palm leaf wallpaper, the bamboo bar stools, and the tole chandeliers.

All in all, a pretty fabulous place to grab dinner and drinks (did I mention there are two Stephen Starr restaurants on the premises - the diner-style Teplitzky's and the very chic Chelsea Prime), or to spend the weekend if you're so inclined. I'm planning my next visit already!

4 comments:

  1. OMG - gorgeous. As usual Ms. Peacock Feathers, you find the most stylish spots. And I can't wait for Art Bazaar - Sunday is our day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These views are SO AMAZING! And Atlantic City is well within my traveling budget...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the shore this weekend (first time ever) and a lot of my boyfriend's friends went to the Chelsea. Looks fabulous, although I wasn't impressed with the rest of Atlantic City!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Atlantic City. I go there a few times a year & never even heard of the Chelsea. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin