Thursday, May 28, 2009

ah, the humanity!

My life is full of confessions, professions of love and faith, avowals and disavowals offered by friends and strangers. Each one is a novel in a sentence, and I'll share just a few: the test was positive, on our first try. My friend died yesterday. If he moves to Florida, our son won't even remember him. I always cry at weddings. If he ever hurts my kids I'll kill him. I lost my job. I love my job. It's been six months since my last cigarette. It's been six months since I got the new liver. His hands were shaking and I felt a tear fall on my cheek. She was the perfect type for me. We had already given away the baby things. We kept a few little things, even after. I wondered if I'd ever wake up.

So many lives to write, so many stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin