Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!!! (Updated)


My favorite part of the 4th of July holiday is spending time with friends and eating delicious grilled food. Last night I spent some time on a rooftop, watching folks play baggo, eating burgers, and drinking sangria -- perfect! Today I'm heading out to the 'burbs for more fun, kids, dogs, and burgers. Tomorrow, I have the pleasure of working all day. Sigh. But two out of three ain't bad!

For those of you braving the Sheryl Crow extravaganza, ... well, have fun. I'll wait for Jill Scott to come back!

UPDATE: The 4th BBQ was fabulous. I love hanging out with theater/creative people and their kids ... my boy had a blast playing in the mini-pool, swinging in the hammock, catching fireflies, and constructing marble towers ... and he took charge over the erecting of tents for those who were staying the night. Actual conversation:

Unsuspecting Partygoer: So, Fabulous Boy, what's the next step?
Fabulous Boy: (dismissively) You put together the pegs.
UP: Uh, oh, right. Yeah. But how do you do that?
Fabulous Boy: (duh!) Like this ... and then they go in that hole and that hole. Call me when you're done.

My kid freakin' rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin