Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Boot

Photobucket



For the last week there has been a single black workman’s boot laying on the sidewalk along Spruce Street and I can't stop thinking about it. How did this lonely boot came to arrive in this space? And where is the other lonely boot? Will they ever see each other again? Is there a man in Philly right now, walking around with one bare foot?

A few nights ago, I heard two men arguing on the street. Now there aren't many screaming fights on Spruce and 19th, so I wasn't surprised when I saw a police car roll up. At one point, one man picked up the lonely boot and threw it at the other man. That is how it came to land in front of Marathon grill. And I wonder, is it closer or further away now from its match?

And so each day, I pass the boot and see if it has been moved or moved anyone to pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin