Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dance Summer

I've been doing so much dancing lately, that I haven't had time to blog about dancing. As we hit the halfway point of the summer, I am feeling the itch to diversify my dancing options a bit. And this weekend is fantastic for hearing music and moving across the floor. This is only a small sampling of the options. There are other parties that look interesting in Atlantic City and NYC, but I am going to stay close to home this weekend.

FRIDAY

Prive Lounge on corner 3rd and Market in Old City. (246 Market)

View Facebook invite here.



Official launch party for dance.philly. Fridays featuring an all-star DJ lineup of:

LuVitt
Joof Citty and
Moo B
with DJ Germ spinning in the back lounge

In addition to DJs there will be a live broadcast on internet radio station Philly-EDM.com. There will be filming of a dance.philly. promotional music video during the party, so either dress nice or hide from the cameras. (I will be hiding).

This event is a pretty big deal ever since Lounge 125 changed it's format away from house music. Prive now offers a new option to house heads in the city.

$5 Cover; Guest List gets NO COVER

Email JadenK99@gmail.com for guest list OR send a message to facebook group "dance.philly."


Kung Fu Necktie at 1248 N. Front Street in Fishtown.

No Cover, ever
10-2

View Facebook invite here.

DJ's Billy W & Ryan T spinning a mix of disco that sounds quite tasty, including European-based disco aka Italo disco.

For those of you who have not experienced Italo (which is disco music developed after the 1970's in Europe), it's a treat. Although Italo may be an acquired taste. Here's a sampling for you.

And here is a delightfully garish, glittering web site devoted to Italo disco.

SATURDAY


X-mas in July 2009

Location: The Northeast Pole, 9227 Walker Street (NE Philly)

Second annual mid-summer outdoor celebration/bbq/show!

Tickets $12 - 15

View Facebook invite

This event I heard from a friend of mine in the Philly band British Lit. He wants all of you to know about it and come. This strikes me as the most interesting of the dance/music options for the weekend. And if you don't live in Northeast Philly, this may see like a haul, but really public transportation isn't that bad.





The tip for this party I got from the 51:51 blog. The 51:51 aka FiftyOne:FiftyOne site is an amazing dance party planner for me. Check it out- it has a nice layout and covers a broad range of dance music in Philadelphia.

Well, I'm going to stop now since my fingers are tired and after this weekend, I think all of me is going to be tired. But happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin